Friday 19 May 2017

South west by bike

Hello and welcome to a new blog mostly about cycling around south-west Ireland. Whilst I used to do a fair bit of mostly urban biking in my student days, I'd all but given up for years until one bag of crisps too many forced me to dig my old GT hybrid out of the shed and go for a spin. I've just realised that event occurred 3 years ago to the day - on 19/05/2014 - I managed 9.4 km, 98m ascent and an average speed of 18.8 km . Three years and 19,511 km (and 4 bikes) later I am most definitely hooked!

With this blog I'm aiming to highlight some less well-known local rides, blether about bikes, and also feature longer distance spins, with hopefully some foreign trips thrown in for good measure! It'll be a mix of recent rides and spins from the last three years. Lets see where it ends up!





No comments:

Post a Comment